Friday, 19 April 2013

The Colour - Blue

The Colour- Blue..

The first encounter that I had with this colour was when I was around two years old.A typical scenery was drawn in front of me on a piece on paper which consisted of a house,a tree,a curved lane leading to the door of the house and a vast blue sky spotted by the V-shaped birds.I was asked by my mother to take the blue colored crayon and fill the sky with it.As i grew up,i started loving the colour.I was told ,the colour blue was for boys but still i decided to call it my favorite.Unlike other girls with long hair,dressed in pretty pink dresses,I used to prefer my blue pair of jeans instead.I guess,I was different.
                 Then, I had my second encounter with blue. It occurred when I had my first heartbreak.Now,when I think of it,yeah it's silly,but then,it felt that my favorite,blue colored sky was crashing down on me.It almost suffocated me-the sadness.I started hating the colour.I grew my hair which was cropped short previously and tried to act like those pink dressed girls.Previously,I was a lot into sports but then I gave up everything and started discussing boys with those girls.I became one of them.Yes, i struggled with the cons of adolescence like the rest of my peers.I fought it well,I was doing good in school.I had the perfect life-good grades,a more or less happy family,two dogs,lots of friends and a boyfriend.But then destiny had some other plans for me-I fell seriously ill in my 12th grade,lost a year,lost my relationship,my  happy family didn't remain so happy after that.I never felt gravity acting that hard on me,it almost crushed my bones in the act of pulling me down.I continued fighting,I grew up as a person and became a more tolerant, reasoning person.Somewhere I felt,in the midst of all these hardships, my character gained some depth.
                      The next year I did my boards pretty well,family became happy again after seeing my satisfaction with myself, but somewhere,I had this insatiable hunger to wipe off every blue from my life.I did not succeed, more came in my way.Fell in love again followed by falling out of love and then my favorite dog died.Life never became "perfect" again,but one thing that I learnt from everything -life moves on and "Blue" IS required in life as it completes you as a person-gives you a certain depth and brings out the potentials in you,which you never thought you had.. :)

2 comments:

  1. Gives a good picture of your insatiable pain... Don't be disheartened, Life is a mixture of various colours. Just like blue, which has been engraved in your life so deeply, there are other colours which will make your life complete.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes,Ranjanya..life is painted by all different myriad colors.All i mentioned here,is that blue is very important for us,as in the long run,it helps us grow as an individual. :)

    ReplyDelete