The Death of A Beauty.My Lumia 800 :(
There went my Nokia Lumia down the flush.But wait.My reflex worked,I picked it up(I know,the immediate reaction to it is"EWWW" but I didn't care).It took me around 2 seconds to pick it up.I remembered the old rule,saying,"never turn on a phone when it's wet and take out the battery as soon as possible".My Nokia Lumia had an uni-body. damn. Couldn't remove the battery.Yes,the phone was still on, but touch wasn't working.Result? I couldn't switch off the damn phone.By the time I reached my room,the phone was dead.The screen won't lit up.Nothing would happen.My heart sunk.VERY deep.I cleaned the moisture with a soft cotton cloth and then opened up the internet, Googled for solutions to recover water drenched phones.Many came up-most, with pessimistic answers.All the sites advised to put the phone in a closed container filled with dry rice or silica gel(as it helps to absorb water out of the gadget).I looked around.Closed container? Yes,I had a closed container,but silica gel and dry rice? No,I din't have any,but wait.I had cotton.Cotton should definitely do.That's what I did.I wrapped it up in loads of cotton and tried not to think about it and go to sleep.Well,I couldn't sleep as Lumia a.k.a Rs.22,000 was making it's round in my head.
I got it as a gift from my mom when I did pretty well in my 12th standard(boards).I always wanted that phone.Me and my mother had a pact.It was- if I get above 90% in boards she would buy me my dream phone.Maybe she thought I wouldn't manage a 90% and that's why she made that deal.Well,my CBSE result came out.I got 92%.She had to buy me the phone now.Dad was like,"what?? Rs 22,000 for a phone!!!??".I was too happy to care.The first moment I touched it,I held it like a new born baby.I loved it.In life,if I ever wanted something from mom and dad,I had to earn it.I earned my Ipod nano(apple:4th gen) in 10th standard when my results came out,and I did pretty well in that too(Note: I wanted that Ipod from my 7th standard and had to wait 4 years for it),so naturally a lot of emotions went into those gadgets.
I got it as a gift from my mom when I did pretty well in my 12th standard(boards).I always wanted that phone.Me and my mother had a pact.It was- if I get above 90% in boards she would buy me my dream phone.Maybe she thought I wouldn't manage a 90% and that's why she made that deal.Well,my CBSE result came out.I got 92%.She had to buy me the phone now.Dad was like,"what?? Rs 22,000 for a phone!!!??".I was too happy to care.The first moment I touched it,I held it like a new born baby.I loved it.In life,if I ever wanted something from mom and dad,I had to earn it.I earned my Ipod nano(apple:4th gen) in 10th standard when my results came out,and I did pretty well in that too(Note: I wanted that Ipod from my 7th standard and had to wait 4 years for it),so naturally a lot of emotions went into those gadgets.
I couldn't sleep the entire night.In the morning,took out the phone from the container and put it under the sun.Kept it for 4 hours.Tried switching on the device.Nothing happened. Well,I lost the Lumia.It's dead now.
No comments:
Post a Comment